Bruce Rind, M.D. is a doctor who practices in Washington, DC metro area, specifically Gaithersburg, MD.
In 2000, the Maryland State Board of Physician Quality Assurance concluded that Bruce Rind is guilty of:
- unprofessional conduct in the practice of medicine;
- failing to meet appropriate standards as determined by appropriate peer review for the delivery of quality medical and surgical care performed in an outpatient surgical facility, office, hospital, or any other location in this State;
- willfully submitting false statements to collect fees for which services are not provided;
- failing to keep adequate medical records as determined by appropriate peer review;
- representing himself as a registered acupuncturist without having been registered by the Board; and
- performing acupuncture without being registered by the Board.
The Board ordered that Rind be reprimanded, be placed on probation, pay an $8,000 fine, complete continuing education courses, undergo a chart review, and cease performing acupuncture unless registered by the Board to peform acupuncture.
Maryland State Board of Physician Quality Assurance: Bruce Rind Consent Order
Quackwatch: Disciplinary Action against Bruce Rind, M.D.